Some breweries have some pretty damn cool bottle caps and it’s always a shame to just toss them in the garbage after every beer. So I’ve decided to turn a few of my favorite caps (or favorite breweries) into a little art project so I can continue to show them off, well after the beer is gone: Bottle Cap Magnets.
I can’t claim this project as my own (I saw it on a friend’s fridge a few days ago), but it’s still a fun project to do with a little weekend spare time and some left-over bottle caps.
What You’ll Need:
- Bottle caps (one for each magnet you plan to make)
- Magnets (I found some little round magnets at AC Moore that were $1.59 for dozen or so magnets)
- Thick scrap paper (I just used the back of the package the magnets came in)
- Krazy glue
How To Make Your Magnets:
- Drink a beer & keep the cap (try not to bend it; if you do, straighten it out as much as you can)
- Unfortunately the magnets I got weren’t quite deep enough to attach to the back of the cap directly and still reach the fridge, so I ripped up a little piece of the thick scrap paper, glue it together and glued it to the back of the cap.
- Glue one of the magnets to the scrap paper inside the cap.
- Stick on the fridge.
- Repeat until you have all the magnets you want.
So yeah, quite a simple and inexpensive little project. But the result is much more fun than a boring old “Montana” or “Domino’s” fridge magnet, and its a great way to continue to show off some of those really special beers you’ve been drinking. Happy crafting!