Looking for a great dish to make today? try a Honey Whipped Ricotta With Berries. Pair this dessert with a seasonal Belgian-style dubbel ale (such as Allagash Double).
Honey Whipped Ricotta With Berries
- 2 cups whole-milk fresh ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 4 tablespoons honey (orange blossom, preferably)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grated zest of one lemon
- 4 cups mixed fresh berries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
In a medium bowl, blend ricotta, 1 tablespoon of the sugar, honey, vanilla and lemon zest until smooth. Cover tightly and place in refrigerator to chill (can be made a day ahead). In another medium bowl, place berries, lemon juice and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar. Mix gently with a rubber spatula so as not to bruise berries. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Divide the ricotta into six chilled martini glasses. Serve berries over the ricotta.