The Forbes Magazine Traveler Website has just released a list of ten of the Best Beer Bars in America and guess who made the list – none other than local favorite, The Great Lost Bear. According to Forbes Traveler,
These bars have one thing in common: a ‘challenging’ beer list that goes beyond Stella Artois and Blue Moon… A great beer bar includes a mix of local, regional and national offerings, and some mechanism for matching beers and menu items.
The top ten — in the order they appear in the slide show, which may or may not be a ranking, it didn’t say — is as follows:
- Blind Tiger Ale House (New York, NY)
- Brickskeller (Washington, DC)
- Publick House and Monk’s Cell (Brookline, near Boston, MA)
- Brouwer’s Cafe (Seattle, WA)
- Brick Store Pub (Decatur, GA)
- Great Lost Bear (Portland, ME)
- Falling Rock Tap House (Denver, CO)
- Spuyten Duyvil (Brooklyn, NY)
- Toronado (San Francisco, CA)
- Hopleaf Bar (Chicago, IL)
Congratulations to the GLB (and to the Brickskeller, another personal favorite)!
[tags]Great Lost Bear, Portland, Maine, Forbes Magazine, beer, bars[/tags]