Craft beer and the state of Oregon go hand in hand. With so many great beers coming out of the state, which ones should you drink?
If you’re not located close by, here is a list I put together just for you of 10 Oregon beers you need to try.
Some you may be able to find in your local bottle shop, while others you will probably only find if you come visit or get a friend to send you some. One thing I’m sure of though is that they are all delicious and are worth a drink.
Note that there are so many great beers in Oregon, many more could have been added to this list. Let me know what I missed.
- Hair Of The Dog Adam– An amazing dessert beer that is perfect for drinking while sitting around a fire late at night.
- Deschutes The Abyss – Arguably the best Oregon beer with limited releases.
- Ninkasi Tricerahops Double IPA – One of my new favorite beers. It is a huge beer that is well balanced.
- Deschutes Black Butte Porter – A classic. Probably my favorite porter that’s easy to find.
- Rogue Chocolate Stout – A solid stout that’s my favorite Rogue beer.
- Hopworks IPA – I love IPA’s and Hopworks Urban Brewery doesn’t let me down with theirs. You have to visit Hopworks if you come to the Portland area.
- Cascade Apricot Ale – An excellent fruity beer that’s worth a try if you can find it.
- Pelican Kiwanda Cream Ale – A very drinkable beer that is sure to refresh.
- Widmer Deadlift Imperial IPA – Although Widmer’s beers aren’t as good as they used to be, this is still one of their better beers.
- Upright Six – A dark rye beer that has a wide range of flavors.
What Oregon beers would you include on this list?